Concerned Parents Alliance, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. The CPA focuses on student and parent/family empowerment by building self-esteem, monitoring academic grades, providing customized college tours, community service awareness, leadership development, college readiness topics, including, but not limited to paying for college, knowing the rules, A-G college requirements, organizational skills, public speaking and much more. Most of this work is done through our College Bound programs.
Title of Scholarship: Dream Big Scholarship Award
Amount of Scholarship: 1-$1,500 Scholarship for a 12th Grade Scholar
- Must be a graduating senior scholar in the College Bound Hayward, Oceanside, Poway or Tracy Programs
- Must be in good standing in the College Bound Program
- Must be enrolled with a minimum of 12 units in a Four-Year College or University or Community College
- Must complete an online application and mail a brag sheet and official transcript to the CPA, Inc. at the address listed below. (Note: Official transcript must be in an officially sealed envelope or sent directly from a counselor)
- Must attend the affiliated CB Finale Program with parent, guardian and/or responsible adult
Mailing Address for Brag Sheet and Official Transcript:
CPA, Inc. PO Box 720092 San Diego, CA 92172
Deadline for Receipt:
Completed online application must be submitted by April 21, 2018. Mailing of Brag Sheet and Official Transcript must be postmarked by April 21, 2018.
Method of Scholarship Disbursement for Senior Scholarship:
Winners must present confirmation of enrollment at a four-year college or university or Community College to receive their awards. Confirmation of enrollment must be received by September 30, 2018 at the above address or by emailing a copy of the enrollment verification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners forfeit scholarship award if the deadline is not met. Please Note: Scholarship Awards will be mailed to awardees within 10 days of receipt of enrollment confirmation.
Complete Application Here
DREAM BIG SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Dedicated to the amazing people who encourages us to dream big, reach high, and be our best selves. Each one of us has someone who inspires us with their wisdom and impassions us to strive harder, overcoming our fears and obstacles. They motivate us to be and do whatever we dream.
Essay Question for the 12th Grade Scholarship Scholarship
Write a 1500-word essay about something in your life that you think is holding you back from achieving your dream. Why you believe it’s holding you back. How you feel about it. What are you going to do about it? When your overcome this obstacle, what are you going to accomplish.